Friday 13 January 2017

Our Future

Hey guys, its Lydia here! This is another poem for my creative writing homework. Even though this poem is quite angry and violent, I had a lot of fun writing it. Hope you enjoy it, leave me a comment and give our blog a follow. 



I am dying. Choking on old decaying blood.
 While men below create pointy spears, to breathe blue and grey ash.
The sticky tar desolates my air and corrupts my lungs.
Forever living in smog.
What have I done to deserve this?

My children will never feel the rain, nor know sunlight.
Thousands upon thousands, burnt, mutilated, dead.
Their skin peeled away, revealing bare green bone.
Left now only empty holes of innocent echoes.
You stole their existence, and condensed them to nothing.

There is an eagle, forever lost and flying with the wind.
Searching for a home. There is none left.
All gone, all stripped bare.
Her wings reluctant with exhaustion.
She is falling, plummeting.
Drowned in lashings of toxic waves.   

I am sweating, burning from inside out.
This scorching devours north and south.
Bringing helpless massacre and carnage in my wake.
 Only scraps and heaps left in revenge.
If I will perish, you will perish with me.   



1 comment:

  1. You use some really powerful language in here to great affect, crafting a really effective poem

    ReplyDelete