Wednesday 7 December 2016

Ashes and Embers


Hey guys! Its Lydia here! I'm sorry we've been so busy lately, somehow thats all we seem to say. But generally we are so tied up with school work and revision right now. This is a below that I wrote back in September for my Creative Writing Alevel. Hope you like it and leave me a comment. 
I promise to post again soon. 



I was made up the wind,
Where I grew in a lover’s garden,
Surrounded by brothers and sisters.
Blessed by the sun, I formed my body,
A top a head of soft white skin.
As the breeze blew I was chosen
By a man to give to a lady,
Where she delighted in the sight of me,
Her fingers touched me softly and cradled me to her breast.
I watched their long loves days, as tender as the kisses,
But as they raptured, my organs sickened and yellowed
For my eternity drew short.
As they danced in the garden, I shriveled into ash and ember

For I was the music to their passion.

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating poem, the phoenix style protagonist is a cool idea

    ReplyDelete