Tuesday 11 April 2017

How and why I write


Hi guys! It's Lydia here! I know I haven't posted in a while, I've been busy studying and doing work for my exams. But today I thought I would share with you a practice creative writing question. 


I often find myself sitting at my desk and writing for hours and not realising that the world is continuing on around me. I’m so entranced within in my story or poem that I don't think to check my phone, or tear my eyes away from the computer. As I’ve grown up, my parents have always taught me to never diminish my imagination, and this is why I’ve spent most of my teenage years writing and creating. Writing improves and tests our imagination, you can create a world and person that doesn’t exist and turn them into reality. When I write I feel limitless. There are no barriers or restrictions to language; you can describe anything and everything.

After a stressful and frustrating day, I find writing very therapeutic. It helps me escape from the chaos of life, school and exams. It takes me to a world where I’m in control, as for someone who has high anxiety; I will often feel vulnerable and lost within situations that I cannot overcome. Writing uplifts and improves my mental health and self esteem, it makes me feel confident that I can face any challenges life throws.


Writing was mainly a hobby, which I experimented with in my free time. But now, since doing the subject as an A level, as well as English Literature, I want to become an author as a profession and see if I can get my work published. My love in writing and literature has given me some wonderful friends during my time at sixth form, who share similar opinions and interests in writing. As I talk to my friends and within my writing I don’t care that I seem rather eccentric and over the top. I sincerely thank my dedication and imagination to writing, as it made me the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment