Sunday 2 October 2016

Flash Drama

Set in a basement of a house, a man is locked up for the murders he has committed. While he sleeps on a wooden stool, his conscious comes out from his body and realizes and remarks in what he has done.
Wakes up form his death like sleep.

Jeremy: Why am I covered in a cloak of staining red! I taste it on my tongue with metallic disgust. I see it through my eyes; it tinges my vision with thick scarlet. This is not my blood. (He looks to the body asleep on the stool.) What have you done you monster! Caked in red mud! What is this place? A dungeon? A basement! There are no windows except the small peephole in the corner over there. (Points to the left hand corner behind him.) The dark is too suffocating; it engulfs me and swallows me whole. I am the victim left in the beast’s fangs, forever trapped in its warm saliva. He is the monster! (Gestures to the body.) I am the fool who was deceived by his kind face, but no, what lives in his mind is so grotesque and demonic that it would scare you half blind. He sleeps so peacefully now, but when awakes he churns and twitches of whom is next victim will be. (Breaths deeply) He killed my wife, Sarah. Lovely, kind benevolent Sarah, he stole her spirit away in an act of madness. He could not stand her good will and graces, for her vast beauty reflected her inside. (He weeps) My love, (He looks up, holdings is palms together) do not think me evil, it was the other who did you wrong. Indeed I was present, but trapped in the mind of a demon. (He whispers, “I love you”) I do not deserve to be in this cave of a place, to have blood of another on my innocent skin. (Rubs his hands together) I am not the monster with ‘terrible teeth and terrible claws’; I am not the one who is the chill in a nightmare. I am not the curse of the living. My heartbeats and pounds against the chest, (Puts his hand over his heart) but I am beguiled in the brain of a soulless man. Yet his heart never contracts, but he still stands.
Wake up you hellion! (He shouts, and kicks the shin of the body.)

-       Red eyes are now alert and awake and the body rises.

- Lights out, end of scene.


Hey guys!! Its Lydia here, sorry its been so long since I last posted anything, I've been very busy with school work! Here's something I recently did for my creative writing class. 
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think. 

3 comments:

  1. Very spooky, love it! The imagery of a staining red cloak is haunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is caught my attention really quickly! It's different because it's flash drama! The imagery is brilliant, visually and audibly! And you included stage directions which is what makes it a great flash drama! Well done! I love it! I would love to read more pieces like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really engrossing and in general a great read! This extends very far with regards to effect for a piece so short and I love that there's scope for this to continue wherever your imagination wishes to take it. I also appreciate the dramatic use of stage directions and the scene as a whole is dramatically very effective, I like it!

    ReplyDelete